Welcome to A Brewed Awakening

Hello Double Digits! (Happy 10th Birthday to My Son)


This weekend my baby boy turned 10. 10 years...a decade...120 months...3650 days! Seems like it was yesterday that I had him.


I'd already spent almost a week in the hospital before he was born. My placenta kept separating from my uterine wall and reattaching its self. I was only 36 weeks along with him when I was admitted to the hospital. That Saturday night, I knew I'd be meeting Emmanuel very soon. Something was just off. My placenta completely separated and I went into labor with him the next morning.


Man was a gorgeous, 6lbs. 4oz sweetheart. He did spend his first week in the NICU, but he was strong. We'd known he was going to be delivered early because of complications discovered around 28 weeks, so I'd been given a shot of steroids to help strengthen his lungs.







That was 10 years ago. It seems both a lifetime ago and like no time has passed at all.

Being welcomed into the double digits club brings all new challenges! New dreams, thoughts feelings. He is growing up; becoming a little bit more of the wonderful man I know he will be.



















A new world starts at 10. This summer has already brought more responsibility for Man. I taught him how to cut the lawn. His stepdad taught him how to change a tire. He is growing up and it is bittersweet. Turning 10 means he is now a pre-teen, which in turn means the teen years are just around the corner, but he will always be my baby boy!


He is my baby boy that told me one time that he dreams about numbers! The one that is overprotective of his sisters. The one who will talk your ear off on car rides! He is smart and kind! I am so proud of him!


The last 10 years have brought so much joy and many adventures and I am so excited about what the next 10 will bring! 




I love you, Man! Happy 10th Birthday!











Comments