Welcome to A Brewed Awakening

Roasted Brussel Sprouts



I grew up eating boiled or steamed brussel sprouts. I love vegetables. I'd usually pass on the meat and just eat the vegetables, but brussel sprouts were never my favorite. Recently my son asked if he could try brussel sprouts. I know, right! A child asking for brussel sprouts! Everything is better roasted, so I thought I'd try them out like that and they were definitely a hit! I hope this recipe gives you a newfound love of brussel sprouts!

Roasted Brussel Sprouts




Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds Brussel Sprouts
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 strips bacon, diced

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 400°
2. In a heavy, oven-safe pan, fry diced bacon until crispy
3. (while bacon cooks) Cut off brown ends of the Brussel Sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves
4. Place brussel sprouts in a bowl and toss with oil, salt, pepper. and garlic
5. When bacon is fully cooked, mix in brussel sprouts to the hot pan in an even layer with cut sides down
6. Cover and place in oven
7. Bake 30-40 minutes or until outside is crisp













Comments

Post a Comment