Welcome to A Brewed Awakening

Earl Grey Tea Shortbread Cookies



One year for mother's day we threw my mom a surprise tea party. We decorated with teacups and teapots, flowers, and pearls. It was beautiful, but the food was even better! It was the first time I ever made these super easy shortbread cookies. They INSTANTLY became my mom's favorite! I  actually made her a batch of them just this weekend.

These cookies are melt in your mouth delicious! There are not overly sweet and are the perfect complement to afternoon tea!

Earl Grey Tea Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 30 cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes





Ingredients

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter (MUST be REAL butter!) (softened) 
  • 1-2 bags of Earl Grey Tea (depending on strength of flavor wanted)
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar (granulated sugar will make cookies, not as light tasting)
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour

Directions

1. Pre-heat oven 350°
2.  Blend the butter, earl grey tea leaves, and sugar together. 
3. Mix flour into the mixture. The dough will be dry and crumbly at first, but it will come together, so keep mixing. I usually use my hands to combine everything.
4. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until it's 1/4 inch thick.
5. Cut out cookies using a 2 in cookie cutter.
6. Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown in color.






Comments

  1. Ooo I've never heard of Earl gray tea shortbread cookies! I do love both though so I'd really like to try these ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Earl Grey is also one of my favorite teas! That is one of the main reasons for trying to cookies to begin with. Everyone who tries them just loves them!

      Delete

Post a Comment